Isala’s research is funded through research funding from the University of Antwerp and the European Research Council (ERC St grant 852600 Lacto-Be). But we are very ambitious and want to expand Isala into an international project dedicated to pioneering research, breaking taboos, educating the general public about women’s health and building a vibrant community in support of women’s equality and inclusiveness. And that is expensive. That is why we are looking for additional sponsors. If we find sufficient funds, we can establish an Isala Chair within the University of Antwerp. And you, as a company or as a private individual, can help with that. Discover here all the possibilities of supporting Isala.
The objectives of the Isala Chair are:
- Warm and inviting communication to the general public about women’s health and the microbiome, including the use and abuse of probiotics and antibiotics;
- Breaking taboos about vaginal health and empowering women to take their health into their own hands;
- Inspire and promote female entrepreneurship and more women in STEMM (Science, Technology, Engineering, Mathematics and Medicine);
- Expand Isala with sisterhood projects around the world, with initial initiatives already in Peru (the Laura Project) and Switzerland (the Marie Project);
- Support cutting-edge, multidisciplinary research into the female microbiome and evaluate ethical and sustainable opportunities to improve women’s health;
- Build trust between scientists and our community while supporting diversity and inclusiveness;
€20,000 per year for three consecutive years
- Logo on the Isala website (1st position)
- Four tickets to the Isala chair launch event
- Exclusive involvement as a member of the chair’s steering committee led by Prof. Lebeer
- Four tickets to the Isala project’s closing event
- Invitations to interim events (lectures, awards ceremony for students, etc.)
€10,000 per year for three consecutive years
- Logo on the Isala website (2nd position)
- Two tickets to the Isala chair launch event
- Two tickets to the Isala project’s closing event
€5,000 per year for three consecutive years
- Logo on the Isala website (3rd position)
- One ticket to the Isala chair launch event
- One ticket to the Isala project’s closing event
You can also support Isala by making a one time, free contribution.
You can donate by bank transfer on the account number of the Unviversity fund of Antwerp BE42 7310 4624 78 54 with as comment ‘gift Leerstoel Isala – fiscaal attest’. Every gift, starting from €40, gives via a tax certificate right to a tax reduction of 45%
No formal contract is required for the donation, your donation is not subject to VAT and is eligible for a tax certificate.
Interested to support Isala?
Please feel free to contact Dimitry Beuckelaers at the University of Antwerp Fund for more information:
+32 3 265 94 57
+32 486 20 27 87
You can also contact him to discuss your wishes in more detail.